GETTING STARTED: Download the PDF for a set of portable project instructions. Read through all of the instructions before beginning.
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: Overnight-size bag.
- EZ Quilting™ Leftie-Rightie Square 4.5" Ruler
- Simplicity Overnight Bag Pattern #2274 (see Supply List to order)
- General sewing supplies
- Quilting thread to match fabrics
- Rotary cutter
FABRIC / NOTIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 coordinating fabrics: 1 fat eighth of each for patchwork
- Gray solid fabric: 1-5/8 yds (bag body and pockets)
- Gold solid fabric: 1-5/8 yds for Lining
- Gray print fabric: 1/2 yd for handles
- Batting: Crib size
- Jute webbing: 3-1/2" wide 3-3/4 yds
- 22" sport zipper
- 12" all-purpose zipper
CUTTING THE FABRIC:
From each of the 5 coordinating fabrics, use the Leftie-Rightie Square ruler to cut 6 – 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" squares for a total of 30 squares.
Follow the directions in the Simplicity Overnight Bag Pattern #2274 to cut out the pieces for the overnight bag, lining and batting.
All seams are sewn right sides together with 1/4" seam allowance. The overnight bag assembly seams are sewn right sides together with 1/2" seam allowance.