GETTING STARTED: Download the PDF for a set of portable project instructions. Read through all of the instructions before beginning.
SIZE: Measurements are with bag laid flat and relaxed:
Length with handles = 18"
Bag Height only = 11"
Bag circumference = 23"
- Big Twist™ Chunky Yarn: 1 skein Clover, 1 skein Hibiscus
- Boye 40-peg round loom with loom tool and yarn needle
- Basic knitting supplies
See the Supply List for items you can purchase here.
GAUGE: 2.5 sts x 2 rows per inch
NOTES: Although this bag is made on a round loom, parts of it are knit flat in rows. Bag bottom is knit as a flat panel then stretched across the loom and connected in the round to the sides. Handles are added last and can be longer or shorter as desired.
Diamond Lace Pattern
*Skip next peg, e-wrap the next peg, go back and wrap skipped peg—2 pegs are wrapped. Knit off both pegs*. Repeat from * * until 1 peg remains; e-wrap and knit last peg again.
Stretchy Bind Off
1. Knit pegs 1 & 2.
2. Move loop on peg 2 to peg 1 and knit off.
3. Wrap peg 1 again and knit off.
4. Move the stitch on peg 1 to peg 2 (the empty peg where peg 2 was). This will now be called peg 1.
5. To bind off additional stitches, skip peg 1 and knit peg 2, then repeat steps 2-4 until all stitches have been bound off.
6. For last peg only, e-wrap and knit off (no extra stitch). Cut yarn and pull through.