- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Quilt Block for Simpli-EZ 45° Triangle™: Windmill Block
by Darlene Zimmerman
Finished Block Size: 12" x 12"Simpli-EZ 45° Triangle™
- Fat Eighth (9” X 21”) of Light Print
- Fat Quarter (18” X 21”) of Dark Print
- Cut a 6 ½” X 21” strip from both light and dark fabrics.
- Cut a total of 4 light 45° triangles.
- Cut a total of 4 dark 45° triangles.
- Cut two 4 ½” squares from dark fabric. Cut these once on the diagonal, forming 4 triangles.
|1. Sew the light and dark triangles together in pairs. Press seam allowances toward the dark triangles.|
|2. Sew two pairs together to make a half circle. Press seam allowances towards the light triangles. Repeat to make two half circles.|
|3. Matching and pinning the center, sew the two halves together. Pop a few seams in the center and press the seams going around the center.|
|4. Center and sew the dark corner triangles to the four light triangles. Press toward the corners. At this point your block should measure 12 ½” X 12 ½”.|
Other Application for the Simpli-EZ 45° Triangle™ Tool:
A Thousand Pyramids