- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Teaching Kit
Simpli-EZ Square Quilt Blockby Darlene Zimmerman
- 1/3 yard for Main Color and Binding
- 1/8 yard for Accent Color
- From main color cut:
- One 4-1/2” x 42” strip, from which cut five 4-1/2” squares
- Two 2-1/4” x 42” strips for binding
- From accent color cut:
- One 4-1/2” x 42” strip, from which cut four 4-1/2” squares
|Using two main color squares and one accent color square, sew together in a row, pressing seam allowances toward the accent color square. Repeat procedure for to create a second row.|
|Using one main color square and two accent color squares, sew together in a row, pressing seam allowances toward the accent color square.|
|Sew the three rows together as shown, forming a block.|
Finishing the Block:
- Layer with batting and backing if desired, then quilt.
- Hand-baste around the outside edge of the block to hold the layers together.
- 3. Join the binding ends with a diagonal seam pressed open. Fold the binding in half, wrong sides together and press to make a double binding. Sew to the quilt with a ¼” seam, mitering the corners. Trim the excess batting and backing, turn the binding to the back side and stitch down by hand with matching thread.