- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Teaching Kit
Fall Fleece Vest
- From Simplicity pattern, cut out 2 each of vest fronts and back (one set will be lining), omitting the facings.
- Stitch both vest and lining according to instructions in pattern.
- Attach lining to vest, wrong sides together, and top stitch (or use an overlock machine stitch) around all edges to stabilize them and make it easier to apply binding.
- Apply Wrights Fleece Binding around all raw edges.
- Print out pattern for leaves, and cut out shapes.
- Transfer leaves to felt and cut out two of each type of leaf for a total of six leaves. (NOTE: You can vary the sizes of the leaves and place as many as you wish on your vest - be creative!).
- Glue or stitch leaves to front of vest. Hand stitch in a blanket or whip stitch around the edges of the leaves for a more decorative look. (Hint: If you want to change the leaf patterns to another design for Thanksgiving, glue one or two with a re-usable glue - then create cut-outs for a Turkey, Pilgrim's Hat and Corn!)