- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
(Click on image for larger view)
This garland to celebrate Valentine's Day (or any day), adds country charm to any room. Drape it over the window, on a shelf, bookcase, or even wrap it around a grapevine wreath!
- Roll up one hand towel.
- Cut sixteen hearts from each piece of fabric, using pattern.
- Sew two hearts (of the same color fabric), right sides together, leaving a 1" opening on the side.
- Turn heart inside out to right side.
- Fill heart with batting to desired fullness.
- Sew opening closed.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for remaining hearts. You will have a total of 32 hearts.
- Cut 6" of ribbon and tie a single bow. Repeat for a total of 31 bows
- Sew two hearts together at side edge (refer to project photo).
- Once hearts are sewn together, sew a bow where hearts are joined (refer to project photo)
- Continue to sew hearts and bows together to make garland. Remember to alternate colors of hearts as you go.