- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Teaching Kit
Pattern 1676 Child's Playhouse
Pattern 1676 Child's Playhouse is designed to be sewn from 54" wide felt fabric and includes yardage requirements and layouts specifically for this fabric type and width. To make this playhouse in 45" wide fabrics (we used quilting cottons), follow the chart and downloadable layouts provided here to get the correct yardage requirements and cutting instructions for 45" wide fabrics. Customize your house your way with fun fabrics!
Colors 1 & 2:
|Color||Used For:||You will need of 45" wide fabric:|
|1||House and Bag||3-7/8 yards||2||Roof, Mailbox, Lampshade, Window Flower Box and Door||2-1/8 yards|
|3||Fence and Window Frames||5/8 yard|
|4||Tree and Leaves||7/8 yard|
|5||Tree Trunk and Owls||5/8 yard|
|6||Watering Cans and Bird House||3/8 yard|
|7||Flower Pot and Bird House Roof||1/4 yard fabric OR 1-9" x 12" sheet of craft felt OR 1-fat quarter|
|8||Flowers||1/4 yard fabric OR 1-9" x 12" sheet of craft felt OR 1-fat quarter|
|9||Flowers||1/4 yard fabric OR 1-9" x 12" sheet of craft felt OR 1-fat quarter|
|10||Flowers||1/4 yard fabric OR 1-9" x 12" sheet of craft felt OR 1-fat quarter|
|11||Dog and Basket||1/4 yard fabric OR 1-9" x 12" sheet of craft felt OR 1-fat quarter|
|12||Dog||1/4 yard fabric OR 1-9" x 12" sheet of craft felt OR 1-fat quarter|
|13||Birds||1/4 yard fabric OR 1-9" x 12" sheet of craft felt OR 1-fat quarter|
|Owl Wing Applique||2" x 4" remnant|
You will also need:
- Paper back fusible web: 24 yards of 15" to 17" wide
- Felt: 6 yards of 54" wide
- Ribbon for Basket Handle: 5/8 yard of 3/4" wide
- Notions: Thread, two packages of 7/8" wide sticky-back hook and loop square fasteners
- House Foundation: 6 yards of 54" wide felt
Colors 1 & 2:
- Fuse three pieces of fusible web on the wrong side of your fabric, side by side, onto colors 1 and 2 of 45" cotton until the entire fabric pieces are covered.
- Click here for special layouts to follow for colors 1 and 2 of 45" cotton.
- Use the cutting layouts in the pattern instructions to cut colors 1 and 2 from 54" felt. This will be the structural base of the playhouse.
- Following the manufacturer's instructions, fuse pattern pieces cut from colors 1 & 2 to corresponding felt pieces.
Note: for colors 7-13 options for craft felt sheets, fat quarters and fabric yardage has been provided. Use only one option for each block for appliques.
- Following the cutting layout in the pattern instructions, cut out colors 3-13 from quilting cotton.