- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Embellished Witch Hat
As seen in Jo-Ann© FASHIONfusion Magazine
A purchased witch hat is wickedly saucy when trimmed to the brim with luxe feathers and shiny sequin spider web. All it takes is a glue gun and a little imagination!
- Witch hat
- 1 yard feather boa trim - we used 6" ostrich feather boa 1863386 in Black
- 2 yards 1/4" single strand sequin trim – we used 1862647 in Purple
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Measure and cut enough feather boa trim to go around the base of the hat.
- Hot glue feather boa trim in place.
- Measure and cut single strand sequin trim as follows: three 11" lengths, one 8" length one 10" length.
- Starting approximately 4" from the top of the hat, secure the tops of the three 11" strands of trim with hot glue, placing each strand of trim on top of the previous one, so that all three are stacked and secured at the same spot.
- Bring the other end of each strand of trim to the brim, placing them approximately 2" apart and securing each strand with hot glue. This will form the base of the spider web.
- Secure the 10" sequin strand approximately 2" up to the first 11" sequin strand. This strand will run horizontally along all three 11" strands.
- Leaving slack in the center, secure the center 10" strand to the middle 11" strand.
- Secure the end of the 10" strand to the third 11" strand, again making sure to leave slack.
- Repeat Steps 6-8 with the 8" strand, securing horizontally approximately 2" higher than the 10" strand.