- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Floral Felted Cardigan
Nothing says "green" like a repurposed cardigan sweater embellished with a floral and leaf motif! The Simplicity® 12 Needle Deluxe Felting Machine makes it easy to create this beautifully textured embellishment.
- Cardigan sweater of your choice
- 1/8 yard each of three coordinating felt fabrics
- Flower and leaf template – click here to download and print on 8-1/2" x 11" paper
- Scissors or Simplicity® Electric Scissors
- Simplicity® Deluxe 12 Needle Felting Machine
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Cut out 6 leaf shapes, 2 of each color felt.
- Cut out 2 larger flower circles and two smaller flower circles in felt colors of your choice. The smaller circles will be the flower centers.
- Arrange leaf and flowers on sweater as shown in photo. Pin in place.
- Felt shapes to sweater using the felting machine, following manufacturer's directions. Be sure to remove pins as each shape is under the machine needles.
- Use embroidery floss and needle to embellish felted flowers and leaves – add stems, leaf veins, details and other designs as desired.