- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Felted Cuff and Pin
Designed by Rebekah Meier
These funky pieces of jewelry are created using the Simplicity® Hand Felting Machine and buttons from your stash – look for vintage buttons, beads and other embellishments you may have on hand to make each piece truly unique!
You will need:
- 12" x 8" piece of wool felt
- 2 – 2" x 2" squares of wool felt in a complimentary color
- Simplicity® Felting Foam – enough to back both cuff and pin
- Curly wool roving
- Beads and buttons in various colors and sizes
- 2 – decorative buttons for cuff closure and pin center
- Embroidery floss
- Pin back
- Fusible web (optional)
- Ruler or tape measure
- Simplicity® Hand Felting Machine
Cuff Instructions:NOTE: Measurements given result in a cuff measuring 2" wide – please adjust accordingly if a wider or narrower cuff is desired.
- Measure your wrist and cut wool felt to desired length, being sure to add 1" for overlap and button closure.
- Place wool roving onto wool felt. Leave 1 ½" on each end without roving.
- Place cuff onto foam and needle felt roving to wool felt.
- Sew button to one end of cuff. Cut a slit in the opposite end to use as a buttonhole.
- Stitch various beads and buttons to surface of cuff as desired, securing with embroidery floss.
- Cut a piece from wool felt slightly smaller than finished cuff. Stitch or use fusible web to apply felt to the back of the cuff to finish, covering stitching.
- Cut one 2 ¼" square from wool felt.
- Place 2" wool felt squares onto wool felt base.
- Place small amounts of wool roving onto squares.
- Please felt squares with roving onto foam and needle felt together.
- Stitch beads and button to pin, stitching button to the center and securing with embroidery floss.
- Sew pin back onto back of finished pin, securing with embroidery floss.