- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Teaching Kit
Felted Cup Cozy
Designed by Rebekah Meier
Keep your morning coffee or tea hot and your hands protected with this playful cup cozy created using the Simplicity® Hand Felting Machine.
You will need:
- 6" x 12" piece of wool felt
- Scraps of various coordinating colors of wool felt
- Yarn scrap
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Disappearing ink fabric pen
- Simplicity® Hand Felting Machine
- Cup cozy and flower template – click here to download and print on 8 ½" x 11" paper
- Trace cup cozy pattern onto wool felt. Cut out, cutting along traced line.
- Trace and cut small and large flowers patterns onto wool felt scraps.
- Layer small flower onto large flower. Center both flowers onto cup cozy and needle felt in place.
- Place a nickel-sized amount of yarn onto the center of the flower and needle felt in place.
- For added design details, add French knots around the center and petals of the flower using embroidery floss.
- Wrap wool felt cozy around cup to determine the correct size. Adjust as needed so that cozy is snug, but not tight. Using 6 strands of embroidery floss, secure ends of cozy together with straight embroidery stitches to secure.