- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Designed by Rebekah Meier
Start with a purchased wool felt purse and make it special with embellishments created with the Simplicity® Hand Felting Machine.
You will need:
- Wool felt purse
- Wool felt square
- Simplicity® Felting Foam – measuring the same size as your purse
- Curly wool roving
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Disappearing ink fabric pen
- Simplicity® Hand Felting Machine
- Draw flower onto wool felt square – you can either trace one from a stencil, drawing or paper pattern you have on hand, or get creative and draw a flower freehand.
- Cut flower from wool felt, cutting along drawn line.
- Place foam inside purse. Arrange wool roving onto purse and needle felt in place.
- Center felt flower onto purse as shown in photo. Place a dime-sized amount of wool roving onto the center of the flower. Needle felt both flower and roving onto purse, going through all thicknesses.
- For added design detail, use embroidery floss to hand-embroider straight stitches, defining flower petals.