- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Hostess Gift Bags
The perfect way to "wrap" your gift to the hostess of any party...Anything you bring can be put in one of our bags by simply sizing the fabric to the gift.
- Tassel Cord
- 1/3 yd. Sheer Fabric
- Cut fabric 12" x 32"
- Turn 12" ends under 1/2" and press.
- Turn 12" ends under another 1/2" and stitch along fold edge (see illustration 1).
- Fold fabric in half and pin (right sides together) to form a 12" x 15" pocket (see illustration 2).
- Sew pocket with a 1/2" seam leaving hemmed edges open.
- Turn bag right side out.
- Slide pie into fabric pocket, gather opening of bag and tie with tassel cord for an elegant holiday gift.
*Adjust size of fabric to create bags for various items (i.e. candles, wine bottles, home-made jams).