- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Lace Trim Crowns
As seen in Jo-Ann© FASHIONfusion Magazine
Accent your princess or fantasy costume with an easy crown fashioned from Venice lace trim – add glitter for extra sparkle. Also great for theatricals and dress up!
- ¼ yard of Venice Lace trim, at least 1 ¼" wide – we used 1862536 for Black Enchantress; 1863266 and 1861155 for Princess
- White glue
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Plastic wrap
Gold and Silver Glitter Materials Needed:
- Silver or Gold spray paint
- Spray adhesive
- Fine Silver or Gold glitter
Instructions for Glitter:
- Spray paint both sides of lace and allow to dry according to manufacturer's directions.
- Lay lace flat on covered surface and spray with spray adhesive.
- Immediately cover lace with glitter. Allow to dry and shake off excess. Repeat as needed until desired coverage is achieved.
- Holding lace ends together to form a circle, adjust to desired size. Add ½" to this length to allow for overlap. Cut off excess.
- Overlap lace edges ¼" and hot glue in place to form a circle.
- Find a round bowl the same size as the crown and cover with plastic wrap.
- Combine 1 part white glue with 2 parts water in a separate container. Mix well.
- Dip entire crown into glue mixture and squeeze off excess.
- Position crown on bowl, positioning all sides and edges in desired shape.
- Allow to dry overnight.