- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Teaching Kit
How to Make a Rick Rack Flowers
Create your own masterpiece with flowers. Simply glue or sew to a canvas, pillow, placemat or garment.
- Yardage is for one flower or leaf unless otherwise indicated.
- Count points on one side of Rick-Rack only where a number is indicated for each flower.
- Use matching heavy thread for gathering.
- Instructions are for hand stitching flowers in place. They may be glued on craft items or when indicated.
- Vary flower sizes by size of Rick Rack, length of trim, and lightness of gathering thread.
- Create shading by using two or more colors. Vary colors where suitable.
- For flower centers use gathered Rick-Rack ball fringe, button or jewel.
You'll need for outer petals:
1/3 yd. Wrights® White Jumbo Rick Rack
You'll need for center:
6" length of Wrights® Canary Baby Rick Rack
To make outer petals:
|1. Use Jumbo Rick Rack. Stitch in and out each point along upper edge, building points on needle.|
|2. Draw thread snugly and seam raw ends on wrong side of flower.|
|3. Cut away excess stem allowance.|
|4. Stitch through each folded point around inner circle on wrong side.|
|5. Space petals evenly and end off.|
|6. Turn to right side.|
|1. Interlock Yellow and Orange Rick Rack by hooking "Vs" together.|
|2. Stitch in one point and cut the one next point along one edge.|
|3. Draw thread snugly. Coil and tack through center.|
FULL BLOOM ROSE
1 yd. Wrights® Jumbo Rick Rack
|1. Fold Rick Rack to half length.|
|2. Interlock by hooking "Vs" together.|
|3. Pin to mark half the length. Fold raw end in and roll on itself up to pin. Remove pin.|
|4. Tack end and underside to hold shape; do not end off.|
|5. With same thread, stitch in one point and out the next point along lower edge Rick Rack.|
|6. Coil gathered points around rose base twice and tack to underside.|
RICK RACK LEAF
"W" shape of Wrights® Jumbo or Regular Rick Rack
|1. Cut a "W" from Rick Rack.|
|2. Fold in half and clip away free points.|
|3. Seam together lower "V" (4 stitches).|
|4. Open; then fold in right end. Take one stitch.|
|5. Fold in left end. Take one stitch on each side and knot thread.|
|6. Turn to right side.|
FLOWER CENTERS AND FORGET-ME-NOTS
6" length of Wrights® Baby Rick Rack
|1. There must be an even number of points along upper edge with cut ends in downward direction. Cut away if necessary.|
|2. Stitch in one point and out the next point along upper edge, building all points on needle.|
|3. Pull thread through leaving 3" free at knotted end.|
|4. Tie thread together from both ends to form tight circle.|