- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Rope Cord Belt
This easy rope cord belt is finished with sleek metal caps and playful tassels, a modern accessory perfect with dresses, tunics, tops and jeans.
- 1 yard of 3/8" wide braided rope cord – we used 1860311 in Orange
- 2 – 10mm to 13mm cord caps (available in the jewelry findings section)
- Embroidery floss
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Invisible tape
- Determine the desired length for your belt: measure around your waist and add 8" to this measurement for the finished length of the belt. Cut the cord to this final measurement. NOTE: the 8" added allows for tying the belt.
- Using invisible tape, wrap each end of the cord, wrapping tightly a few times around. This will make it easier to slide the ends of the cord into the cord caps.
- Place a dab of hot glue inside one of the cord caps. Slide the cap onto one end of the cord, making sure that no tape is left exposed. Repeat on the other end of the cord with the remaining cord cap.
- Make mini tassels out of embroidery floss and tie them onto the loops at the ends of the cord caps.