- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Tassel Key Chain
Silky Wrights® chainette tassels make it easy to find your keys with style to spare. Express your style by adding on dangles, beads and charms.
- 1" split key ring
- 1 chainette tassel in the style and color of your choice – we used Wrights® 3" chainette tassel 1449092
- Add-on embellishments, such as:
- Lobster clasp
- Metal jewelry chain
- 6mm jump rings
- Assorted beads
- Needle nose pliers
- Hand sewing needle
- Matching thread
- Slide the tassel loop through the split key ring to create the basic Tassel Key Chain. Add on embellishments as desired – use the following techniques, as shown in photo:
- Attach a 2" length of jewelry chain onto split key ring, using a jump ring and needle nose pliers.
- Attach charm onto opposite end of chain, using a jump ring and needle nose pliers.
- Attach lobster clasp onto split key ring, using two jump rings and needle nose pliers. This will allow you to clasp the key ring onto other things, such as a purse or belt.
- Cut the hanging loop off of a tassel.
- With a hand sewing needle and matching thread, thread up through the bottom of the tassel, through the tassel head; string beads as desired.
- String jump ring on top of the beads.
- Bring the needle and thread up over the jump ring and back down through the beads and tassel head. Repeat 3 more times to completely secure the beads and jump ring to the tassel.
- Knot the thread at the underside of the beads, knotting between the bottom bead and the tassel head, to secure. Clip off excess thread.
- Attach the beaded tassel onto the split key ring, using a jump ring and needle nose pliers.