- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Dip Dye Tassel Napkin Rings
Set an elegant table with napkin rings fashioned from silky Wrights® tassels, embellished and dip dyed for a modern ombre effect.
- 4 White or ivory 3" tassels, such as Wrights® chainette tassel 1449092
- 4 Jewelry charms
- Fine gauge jewelry wire in color and material of your choice – we suggest 20 to 28 gauge wire for best results
- Needle nose pliers
- 4 Fabric dye colors, to coordinate with jewelry charms
- 4 Bowls for dyeing
- Wrap wire over the original wrapped section of one tassel, leaving a short tail approximately 3"- 4" long.
- Wrap remaining wire through one jewelry charm and connect to wire-wrapped section of tassel to secure.
- Following manufacturer's directions prepare one color of fabric dye in a bowl. Dip 1/2" of the tassel end into the dye. Follow manufacturer's directions for length of time to leave tassel in dye.
- Follow steps 1 through 3 for remaining tassels, dipping each tassel into a remaining dye color. You will have four tassels, each dyed a different color.
- Follow manufacturer's directions for rinsing and drying the tassels.
- When completely dry, slide tassel loop over rolled napkin, with jewelry charms facing up.