POM POM SCARF
As seen in Jo-Ann© FASHIONfusion Magazine
Add instant style with a fabulous scarf, sewn from a chic print and accented with playful Simplicity® pom pom fringe.
- 40" X 40" square of knit or woven fabric
- 2-2/3 yards (8 feet) of 3/4" pom pom fringe – we used two spools (4 feet each) of 1872087022A
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- With RIGHT sides together, fold the square of fabric into a triangle by matching one opposite corner diagonally with the other. Match all cut edges.
- Position the pom pom fringe with the pom poms facing the INSIDE of the triangle, sandwiching the header between the two layers of fabric. Pin in place.
- Using a regular straight machine stitch, stitch along one edge of the scarf in a 1/4" seam, stitching through all thicknesses. Back-stitch at the corner of the triangle to reinforce.
- Using a straight machine stitch, begin stitching the other edge of the scarf in a 1/4" seam, stitching through all thicknesses. Stop stitching 4" from the end of this side to allow for turning.
- Press seams to blend stitching. Clip corners so corners remain sharp after the scarf is turned right side out.
- Turn scarf RIGHT side out, gently pushing out corners. Turn seam allowance of opening to the inside. Press flat.
- Using a straight machine stitch, top stitch all around of the scarf through all thicknesses, stitching as close as possible to the edge. This stitching will close the opening that was used for turning.