- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Teaching Kit
Embellished Jean Shorts
Breathe new life into old jean shorts with trims that add a little pretty and a little rock-n-roll. Use cut-offs you already have, or chop an old pair of jeans and get started!
- 1 pair of denim cut-off shorts
- 1-1/2 yards lace trim – we used 1-1/4" wide lace trim 186007030
- 60 studs or 4 inches of 2" wide stud trim – we used 2" Plastic Pyramid Chain trim from the Simplicity® Project Runway® trim collection
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Craft glue
- With shorts RIGHT side out, place trim underneath bottom edge of shorts leg so that 1/2" of trim peeks out.
- Pin lace in place starting at the inner leg seam, going around edge of leg until ends meet. Overlap ends 1/8".
- Sew trim in place, keeping stitching as close to the bottom edge of the shorts leg as possible. Repeat on other leg.
- If using stud trim, cut studs apart. Lay individual studs out on shorts as desired.
- Glue studs in place individually.
Hand wash and dry flat