- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Woven raffia belting has a natural look and feel that's the perfect complement to warm-weather fashions.
- 1 yard of 2" wide raffia belt trim – we used 176035002 in Natural
- 1 – 2" or 3" wide interlocking belt buckle
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Straight pins
- Determine length of belt trim needed: measure around your waist and add 1". Cut raffia belt trim to this length.
- Thread each end of belting through the front of buckle and fold back 1/2", being sure to match all side edges of the belting. Pin in place.
- Machine stitch from top of belting to the bottom, stitching as closely to the buckle as possible. Machine stitch a second line of stitching approximately 1/4" away from the first line for added durability.