- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Trimmed Collar Shirt
Give a collared shirt a gleaming makeover with metallic trim and beaded embellishment – buy a simple shirt or repurpose one already in your closet.
- Shirt with collar
- 1 yard Project Runway® 5/8” Zipper Trim – we used 1865445
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- 1 Simplicity® DIY Accessories Beaded Medallion Embellishment – we used 507172
- Pin back
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- If new, launder and dry shirt – this will pre-shrink the shirt if needed.
- Place zipper trim on underside of collar, so the zipper teeth line up with the collar edge. Pin in place.
- Using a sewing machine with zipper foot attachment, edge stitch trim to collar, stitching as close to the collar edge as possible.
- Glue pin back to beaded embellishment with hot glue gun.
- Pin embellishment to neck when wearing.