GETTING STARTED: Download the PDF for a set of portable project instructions. Read through all of the instructions before beginning.
SIZE: 4 1/4" wide x 78" long
- Buttercream™ Alpaca Solid Yarn: 1 skein Brown, 1 skein Green
- Boye® I Taught Myself to Loom Kit with loom tool, yarn needle, stitch markers and 10 project instructions, OR
- Boye® 26-peg rectangular loom
- Boye® loom tool
- Boye® medium size crochet hook (to attach fringe)
- Yarn needle
- Basic knitting supplies
1. With brown yarn, place a slip knot onto anchor peg leaving an 8" tail.
2. Cast on 20 pegs (10 on each side) for double knitting.
3. Double knit for 15" rows. Cut brown yarn leaving an 8" tail.
4. Join green yarn and continue knitting for 15 rows. Cut green yarn leaving an 8" tail.
5. Continue to alternate blocks of brown and green until scarf measures 78" or desired length. Note: For added interest, you may alternate colors in a random pattern.
6. Bind off all pegs. Cut yarn leaving an 8" tail. Weave in tails along sides of scarf.
Cut strands of yarn 12" long. Fold one strand in half to form a loop. With crochet hook, draw loop through first stitch on bottom edge of scarf from front to back. Thread ends of strand through loop and pull to tighten and secure. Repeat across both scarf edges alternating colors as desired. Trim ends.