GETTING STARTED: Download the PDF for a set of portable project instructions. Read through all of the instructions before beginning.
SIZE: 14" wide x 28" long
- Buttercream™ Glossy Yarn: 3 skeins Black
- Boye® 40-peg round loom
- OPTIONAL: Boye® 50-peg long loom
- Boye® loom tool
- 14" x 28" pillow form
- 4" x 8" piece of cardboard
- Yarn needle
- Basic knitting supplies
Pillow Option Using 40-peg Round Loom:
1. Place slip knot onto anchor peg leaving a 24" tail.
2. Cast on all pegs using e-wrap method.
3. E-wrap and knit until piece measures about 28".
4. Bind off all pegs using Flat Panel Bind Off. Cut yarn leaving a 24" tail.
5. Turn tube inside out. Thread beginning tail onto yarn needle and sew beginning edge closed.
6. Turn cover right side out. Sew tassels (instructions below) to each corner and weave in ends then insert pillow form. With ending tail, sew pillow closed being careful to line up top edge with bottom.
Pillow Option Using 50-peg Long Loom:
1. Place slip knot onto anchor peg leaving an 8" tail.
2. Cast on 22 pegs along one side of loom using e-wrap method.
3. E-wrap and knit flat until piece measures 56".
4. Bind off all pegs. Cut yarn leaving an 24" tail.
5. With right sides together, fold piece in half lengthwise and sew ends together to form tube.
6. Rotate tube so seam is in the middle. Sew front and back together along bottom edge. Weave in ends.
7. Turn cover right side out. Sew tassels (instructions below) to each corner and weave in ends then insert pillow form. Sew top edges together to close.
Tassels (Make 4)
1. Cut a piece of cardboard 4" wide and 1" longer than your desired tassel.
2. Wrap yarn around cardboard multiple times depending on desired size.
3. Slide a 12" piece of yarn under the wrapped yarn and tie a knot at the top leaving long tails to attach to pillow.
4. Cut lower edge of wrapped yarn to free ends. Wrap a second piece of yarn around the tassel two or three times about 1" below the top. Knot tightly. Thread these tails onto yarn needle and push to inside of tassel. Trim ends to make even.