- Face Cover Pattern S9188 – click here
- Mask fabric – cotton types recommended
- ¼” Elastic
- Scrap of paper-backed fusible web
- Scrap of pink fabric, cotton types or craft felt recommended
- Basic Sewing Supplies – pins, scissors, thread, large eyed hand sewing needle
- Embroidery floss
- Cut and sew face mask as directed in pattern S9188 instructions. On the smooth side of the paper-backed fusible web, draw a triangular shape in the desired size for the cat nose.
- Following manufacturer’s directions, fuse the cat nose shape to the WRONG side of the pink fabric.
- Carefully cut out nose and peel off the paper backing – now it’s ready to fuse to the mask.
- Place the nose with the RIGHT side facing you on the mask, centered on the front seam where a nose would approximately be. Use a hot iron to fuse the nose directly to the mask – we rolled up a towel to put underneath and fill up the 3D space of the mask.
- With a white pencil or chalk, draw lines for the mouth and whiskers.
- Using the lines as a guide, trace out the mouth and whiskers with a small running stitch, using embroidery floss.